Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Dodge Famliy

I had a good friend from highschool come to St George last week to participate in the IRONMAN marathon with his wife. I had to take the opportunity to snap a few photos! Here are a couple of my favorites!








Ben has always been one of my favorite people.  He is hilarious and has a talent to make people laugh.  I loved getting to know his wife Sonja better and enjoyed spending the afternoon with them.  They survived the whole IRONMAN marathon which consisted of swimming 2.4 miles, followed by biking 112 miles and lastly a FULL MARATHON (26.2 miles).  They had a 17 hour time limit and they made it with time to spare.  Apparently St. George is one of the hardest (or maybe it is the hardest) courses in the world due to all the hills, altitude, heat, etc.  Anyhow, I went down to the finish line and I couldn't believe the synergy and excitement that filled the air.  It was a blast to take part in.  Well, take part in as a spectator.  I was lucky enough to catch them as the crossed the finish line.  Here they are together as they crossed!  Way to go guys, you were amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment